Newsletter - August 2015
Geotec 8.064 - Patch of August 21, 2015
A new patch dated August 21, 2015 is available on our website for Geotec 8.064.
: This version is available only
to clients that have a support and maintenance contract in good standing,
in other words, whose end date is after the date of the patch.
This patch includes:
Since July 2015, Geotec 7.7 and the Oracle entry forms are no longer supported.
- Correction to the automatic insertion in the PROP field (Stratigraphy entry form) with the Calculate option
- Correction upon retrieving data in the piezometer entry form for the calculation of piezometric levels
- Addition of the field INPUT_QC to indicate the input used in the calculations of the CPTu tests, QT or QC
- Addition of the fs min parameter. If defined, the value is used when FS is smaller than fs min
- Limitation of the Rf value from 0.1 to 10 in the calculation of the variable density for correct the low densities of clay
- Correction of the total vertical stress for a constant density (type C) and a density defined in the STRATIGRAPHY table (type P) in the CPTu entry form
- Modification of the block names (borings) when saving AutoCAD files so that each block is unique
- Correction to prevent the interruption of polylines displaying values from a SAMPLE field due to sub-samples missing values
- Automatic addition of the date and time in the PRINTING_DATE field when printing borings
- Implementation of the calculation of N = N2 + N3 only when both values are entered
The team at Sobek is currently doing a number of developments that could be of interest to you, including:
- An annual licence for Geotec, used on a single workstation
- The Frm entry forms module - without graphic display
- Version 8.07 where all data can be imported from .csv files; an SQL interface is used to execute queries; and other additions!
- A function to import data from the Geobox application
- The QCA module for quality control - including laboratory tests and in-situ tests for monitoring during construction
- An Android application for the entry, modification and deletion of data on a tablet
- Version 8.10 with the editing of style files with the mouse; the insertion of equations by the user; the interactive creation of tables; the creation of graphs showing a given property as a function of another; and several other additions!
- A new website
We will inform you as one or another of these developments goes into production!
If you have a testimony of a few lines explaining what you like about Geotec or Sobek, please don't hesitate to send it to me for our website.
We can indicate your name and company on this page