Newsletter - February 2015
Geotec 8.061 - Patch of February 3, 2015
A new patch dated February 3, 2015 is available on our website for Geotec 8.061. The list of modifications is attached. This patch includes:
- The support of Oracle 11g
- Important additions to the interpretation of the CPTu, including the interruption of polylines when values are not present, the support
of qc or qt as input, etc.
- The addition of a tooltip with field properties
- The addition of the calculation of the fineness module for the grain size analyses
: This version is available only
to clients that have a support and maintenance contract in good standing,
in other words, whose end date is after the date of the Patch.
As of July 2015, Geotec 7.7 and the Oracle entry forms will not be supported anymore.
The team at Sobek is currently doing a number of developments that could be of interest to you, including:
- An Android application for the entry, modification and deletion of data on a tablet - soon available on Google Play
- An individual protection by file for Geotec, used on a single workstation
- An independent entry forms module - without graphic display
- The QCA module for quality control
- Version 8.10 where the editing of style files can be done with the mouse; all data can be imported from .csv files; equations can be
inputted by the user; and several other additions!
- A new website
We will inform you as one or another of these developments goes into production!
If you have a testimony of a few lines explaining what you like about Geotec or Sobek, please don't hesitate to send it to me for our website.
We can indicate your name and company on this page.
Sobek Technologies is an Emploi-Québec certified training agency. Sobek offers comprehensive workshops for the familiarization and learning
of our products. These workshops can be submitted as part of the continuous education required by the OIQ. Contact us to schedule a training session.
You can find all the details on our website, including the costs and course outlines.
- By using the key [F7] twice in a row, the last query is retrieved. You can then execute the query with [F8].
- Logo: You can have several different logos without modifying your style file. In order to do this, the image type object showing the logo must
have the option "Use as logo" checked in its properties. After, choose the desired logo under the option Recent Logos of the File menu, or in the
preferences editing window.
- Primary keys: We recommend that you do not use accents as well as space, point, slash, percent, underline and other special characters in the
site, boring and sample numbers. We recommend the use of the hyphen instead of the underline or the space.
- Wordwrap: If you want to avoid a wordwrap in texts, use Alt+0160 (no-break space) instead of the space.
- Bitmap mode: To improve the performance of your modules, use the Bitmap display. This parameter is selected in the preferences editing window.
Without selecting this mode, the graphic page is displayed line by line, which can be quite slow depending on the workstation.