Newsletter - April 2014
Geotec 8.05 - Patch of April 2, 2014
A new patch dated April 2, 2014 is available on our website for Geotec 8.05. The list of modifications is attached. This patch includes:
- The complete support of observation and supply wells including the pumping chamber, the caps, the protector tube, etc.
- The addition of the Nst field for the calculation of CPTU values
- The calculation of the longitudes and latitudes of borings directly in the Boring entry form
- The calculation of the sample description based on its grain size curve
- The implementation of grain size combinations for samples from several test pits
- The use of a chosen percentage of cobbles and of a chosen percentage of blocks
- The use of Ctrl and Shift to select several values in scrolling lists and the addition of the "is NULL" and "is not NULL" values in Query mode
- The GMap tool integrated to all modules, to display the regions, sites and borings based on their longitudes and latitudes (Beta version)
This version is available only to clients that have a support and maintenance contract in good standing, in other words, whose end date is
after the date of the Patch.
- By using the key [F7] twice in a row, the last query is retrieved. You can then execute the query with [F8].
- Logo: You can have several different logos without modifying your style file. In order to do this, the image type object showing the logo must
have the option "Use as logo" checked in its properties. After, choose the desired logo under the option Recent Logos of the File menu, or in the
preferences editing window.
- Primary keys: We recommend that you do not use accents as well as space, point, slash, percent, underline and other special characters in the
site, boring and sample numbers. We recommend the use of the hyphen instead of the underline or the space.
- Wordwrap: If you want to avoid a wordwrap in texts, use Alt+0160 (no-break space) instead of the space.
- Bitmap mode: To improve the performance of your modules, use the Bitmap display. This parameter is selected in the preferences editing window.
Without selecting this mode, the graphic page is displayed line by line, which can be quite slow depending on the workstation.
- Software clipping: We suggest the use of the Windows clipping, in other words, leaving empty the box "Software clipping" in the
preferences editing window. The software clipping can slow down the application, especially with the display of maps.
If you have a testimony of a few lines explaining what you like about Geotec or Sobek, please don't hesitate to send it to me for our website.
We can indicate your name and company on this page.
Sobek Technologies is an Emploi-Québec certified training agency. Sobek offers comprehensive workshops for the familiarization and learning
of our products. These workshops can be submitted as part of the continuous education required by the OIQ. Reserve your place now by sending me an email.
The next workshops are:
- Log: Tuesday April 15, 2014
- Lab: Thursday May 8, 2014
- Pro: Wednesday June 4, 2014
- Site and SM2 library: Tuesday July 8, 2014
- Dam: Wednesday July 30, 2014
You can find all the details on our website, including the costs and the course outlines.