Newsletter - May 2013
Sobek Technologies is an Emploi-Québec certified training agency. Sobek now offers comprehensive workshops open to everyone for the familiarization and learning
of our products. Reserve your place now by sending me an email. The next workshops are:
- Wednesday June 12: Log module
- Tuesday June 18: Pro module
- Thursday June 27: Lab module
- Tuesday July 9: Data entry forms and X3D library
- Thursday July 18: Site module and SM2 library
- Wednesday July 24: Dam module
You can find all the details on our website. Course outlines will soon be available.
The version 8.04 of Geotec is available under the item Geotec8.04_Patch. This version is available only to clients that have a support and maintenance contract
in good standing, in other words, whose end date is after the date of the Patch. The "What's new" item indicates all the additions and modifications in
- Database Update: When you upgrade to a new version of Geotec, do not forget to all update your database using the DBM module. The data dictionary will
then be complete, with the new fields, tables and/or views. But before the update, do not forget to create a copy of your database as precaution!
- SPECIFICATION site: If you have a database containing the SPECIFICATION site (for clients that use a version 7.7 database that was updated since), rename
the site to SPEC. The specification envelopes and the materials are now associated to the SPEC site and managed that way in Lab and Dam.
- Bitmap mode: To improve the performance of your modules, use the Bitmap display! This parameter is selected in the preferences editing window of each module,
in the General panel. Without selecting this mode, the graphic page is displayed line by line, which can be quite slow depending on the workstation.
- Software clipping: Also for the performance of the modules, we suggest the use of the Windows clipping, in other words, leaving empty the box "Software clipping"
in the preferences editing window of each module, in the General panel. The software clipping can slow down the application, especially with the display of maps.
- Logo : You can have several different logos without modifying your style file. In order to do this, verify that your image type object showing the logo has
this option "Use as logo" checked in its properties. After, you can choose the desired logo under the option Recent Logos of the File menu, or select a new
one in the preferences editing window, in the File panel.
- Stratigraphic description: For those who have updated to 8.04, you will notice that a stratigraphic description is now automatically generated for the
Simplified type strata, based on the values entered in CODE1 and PROP. We suggest to those that use the entry form in Datasheet or Columnar format that you
move the DESCRIPTION field after the CODE1 and PROP fields for the description to be automatically generated as you enter your data in the normal order.